Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Craft Night!

It had so long since I hosted a craft night, so when my best friend, Angela, suggested that we have one, I was in!  I did a few before Izzy was born, and, now that she's getting older and I'm getting a hang of this whole mommy thing, I couldn't wait to get them started again.  A recent trip to Dillard's inspired our craft for the night -- feather headbands.  The one I fancied at Dillard's was $88!  Surely, we could make some equally as stylish for the fraction of the cost.

To set us up for success, I gathered the appropriate materials:


Craft Night Treats!

Ample Snacks and Wine


Craft Night Headbands!

Plenty of Feathers and Headbands

There is just something to be said about gathering around a table full of craft supplies and envisioning the possibilities for creating something new and fun.  Plus, it's just nice to relax, sip wine, and create with a friend.

Angela Crafting


My Feather Headband
 


After we made our feather headbands, we began making flower headbands and pins, too.  We were on a roll!

My Flower Headband


Aw Yeah!


Nice!


Feather Pin


Feather Pin II


Ribbon Pin


Flower Pin


Flower Pin



At the end of the night, we had so many new goodies to wear.  It was just what the doctor ordered.

Our Crafts

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop."
- Ovid

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails