Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Juriko Kosaka and the Desk Project

Back when I participated in the Sketchbook Project in 2011, I discovered the art of Juriko Kosaka, a fellow participant in the project.  Through Art House Co-op's online forum, I learned about her art and her life in mainland Japan.  One of the projects she started is a project called the Desk Project.  For the project, Juriko asks willing participants to send in pictures of their desks so that she can draw them.  Intrigued, I sent a request for Juriko to draw my desk:


This is what she created from the iPhone picture of my work desk (isn't it AWESOME?):



Diana's Desk


In corresponding with Juriko, I learned that both of our mothers are from Okinawa.  (Small world, huh?  I loved that we had that instant bond -- uchinanchu's unite!)  She spends her time sketching and creating beautiful drawings with inks and acrylics and posts them often on her blog.  Many of her subjects are people she sees during the day - strangers going about the city, running errands, sitting on the train, walking through Tokyo.  If you would like to be a part of her project, visit Juriko's Desk Project link to read instructions on how to participate.  (Just make sure you send a picture of your messy desk -- she likes them better that way.)

"Then there's the joy of getting your desk clean, and knowing that all your letters are answered, 
and you can see the wood on it again."
- Lady Bird Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana,
    Thank you very much for your feedback!
    Oh, you found me through art-house.
    Thank you!
    I don't login art-house so often, but I'm enjoying their project.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails