Friday, July 17, 2009

A Year Goes By So Fast

My niece, Lennox, will be celebrating her first birthday next weekend. Her first birthday.... I can't believe it. A year has actually gone by since this little angel came into our lives.

I can still remember the day of her birth. I waited anxiously in the waiting room with my dad until someone came to tell us that we could go in to see my sister and the baby. As I entered the room, I heard the littlest cry coming from my sister's arms. As I moved closer to her, this is what I saw:

Little Lennox
Lennox Tome Dauberman
July 26, 2008


I just burst into tears. I couldn't explain why. At that moment, everything I knew about love had changed. I was overcome for the love I had for Lennox from the moment I laid eyes on her. And soon after she was born, my sister asked me to be the god mother for Lennox. I was honored.

I have had the privilege to watch her grow into the most beautiful, hilarious little girl.

Sticking Out Her TongueStank Face
Photos courtesy of her mother

So you can imagine how excited I am to be celebrating her first year of life. To prepare for this momentous of occasions, I offered to help my sister with the party planning and preparation by creating the birthday invitations to send out to guests. My sister and her husband are going to throw a pig pickin' for their daughter at their home by the beach -- a true Southern, summer party.

Lennox's First Birthday
Front of the Card

This Little Piggy
Inside of the Card

Barbara provided me with the poem and the concept for the invitation, but she let me have free reign for the actual design. I hope she likes them. I put them in the mail late last night. I can't wait to celebrate and kiss that lovely niece of mine next weekend.

Early Morning Smile

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."
- Carl Sandburg

1 comment:

  1. This is a very sweet post about Lennox. She is lucky to have such a sweet and caring Godmother and Aunt. I know how you feel, especially after having met Helena. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails