Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sertoma Arts Fair

Over the past month or so, I've been using my spare time creating and crafting like crazy.  It's felt great to have a goal that pushes me to share my art in a way that I've never done before.  In July, I decided to take the leap and send in my application to participate in my first arts fair.  Taking that leap has been scary, but I've enjoyed the growth it has given me professionally and creatively.  This is me getting my feet wet and, hopefully, opening the door to other creative endeavors.

As part of the process for participating in the arts fair, the Sertoma Arts Center asked that participating artists and crafters send in pictures of their work to possibly include on their promotional materials.  I sent in my submissions and thought, "Wouldn't it be great to be selected?"  I waited anxiously for the center to contact me when the materials would be ready for distribution.

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from the arts center that announced that postcards and posters for the event were ready to be picked up.  When I went to the arts center to pick up the materials, I began scanning the design.  Fall Arts Fair... Wait... Is that?.... YES!  My painting made it into the design!  I wanted to jump up and down.  I squealed inside.  I sent a picture text to my friends and family.  I just couldn't believe it.

Fall Arts Fair 2010

Sure.  The whole painting is not included.  It's a little "Where's Waldo?", but, hey, it counts, right?  I'm over the moon about it.  Seeing my painting there, peeking out from behind the text of the event, well, it just made me more determined to create and prepare my booth.

I hope you come out and visit.  The event looks like it's going to be a blast.  Bring the kiddies.  There's lots for them to do.  Bring your significant other.  Shop for Christmas presents.  Stop by and say hello.  I'll be the girl in the outside booth with a smile plastered across my face.

Fall Arts Fair 2010 (poster)
"Bittersweet October.  The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect 
pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter." 
- Carol Bishop Hipps

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails