Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Letter to Myself

What a busy few months it's been!  I know I haven't posted a lot lately, but I've had a good excuse.  And though it may not seem like I've been creating anything lately, I've been keeping my creative juices flowing with a side project that I'm thoroughly enjoying.  My life has been busy with not much time for art right now, but it has been rewarding.

So you can imagine my surprise when I received the following letter a few weeks ago...


Letter to Myself


It was the letter I had written to myself last July while attending the Gutsy Girl's Guide to Success in Washington, DC.

There was even this sweet message from Molly, the brain child behind the workshop, written on the back of the letter:


Message from Molly at Stratejoy


I couldn't remember what I had written to myself that one year ago, so I opened the letter and braced myself for the message inside...


Memories...


When I think back to where I was this time last year and think about where I am now, I am happy with what I've accomplished.  I participated in a craft fair, I created an online presence, and now, I am enjoying motherhood.  I have a few more goals up my sleeve, but, for now, I am going to enjoy my new role as mommy.


.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."  
- Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails