Saturday, January 16, 2010

Words to Live By: Week 31

My friend Jeanine is surviving and thriving after breast cancer.

As I prepare the thirty-first entry for Words to Live By, I am astonished by how much Jeanine has overcome in the last six months.  Being diagnosed with breast cancer, going through chemotherapy, having the cancer successfully removed, and now going through radiation, she truly is an inspiration to me.

I know from the moment she found out she had cancer that it has not been easy for her, but she rarely shows it.  Even now with the toll radiation has on her energy, she finds the time to shop, an activity that once left her winded or fatigued.  Her seeking-the-bright-side kind of attitude made me realize that it was time to update the tag line I use to preface each entry for Words to Live By.  I think it's most appropriate.

Week 31


Week 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails