Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Beautiful Walk with Friends

I've often driven past the walking/biking trail overpass for the North Carolina Museum of Art on I-440 but had never been there myself until recently.  With the weather getting warmer and my desire to be outside increasing, I decided to visit the trail before the North Carolina humidity becomes too much to bear.  Luckily, my friends Alfonso and Beth decided to join me.


Beth and Alf
Beth and Alf


Me and Beth
Me and Beth

Early on in the trail, walkers and bikers are exposed to large pieces of art, many of them whimsical and fun in nature.  Here is a collection of what we saw on the trail:

Wind Art

Naked Structure

Rings

Brick Corn

Street Henna

Preserve the Earth


Although the trail does not contain art throughout its path, the art that it does have makes for a unique walking experience.  Now, if only I could find more walking trails like this one... Any suggestions?

Alf and the Rings

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails