Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Art Every Day Month - First Entry

I've decided to sign up for the Art Every Day Month Challenge created by Leah Piken Kolidas of Creative Every Day.  I thought this would be an excellent way to get my artistic juices revved up again.  For the entire month, I've decided to create an original black and white drawing from a scribble my husband creates.  Here's my first entry:


Nov. 1 - Before

Before



Nov. 1 - After

After

The process reminded me of a game I used to play with my sister when I was younger.  We would each take turns drawing scribbles on pieces of paper and having the other person create a drawing from it.  The goal was to make sense of something that, upon first glance, was nothing.  It was fun to see the way our brains would process each scribble and turn them into creations that would often make us giggle and admire the other one's cleverness.

Though my first entry is not so "ha ha" funny, it's a start.  I think this month will be an interesting journey into the way my mind tries to decipher my husband's scribbles.  An interesting experiment into my psyche, no?


Nov. 1 - BeforeNov. 1 - After

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I couldn't get tadpoles out of my head for some reason...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails