Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Moon, Your Moon: Beaver Moon

Another new moon posting is ready for your reading pleasure.

Warning: This may be one of the darkest moons we've posted so far.  Recent horrific stories of child abuse and sexual deviance has influenced our work this month, triggering memories from our own childhoods... and making us realize we're fellow survivors of childhoods others would hardly be able to fathom.  (Interesting how these topics have struck a common chord within us though there is no planning or collaboration for each moon posting we develop each month, don't you think?)

As a mother, I realize that there is evil that exists in this world from which I cannot fully protect my child, try as I might...  But as Jim points out, as parents, we "cast our hopes on the resiliency of children..."  I pray that my child never experiences unspeakable evil in her life as some children do, but, if she does, I pray that she has the resiliency to overcome it and survive and see the good that also exists in the world.

Moon #11

"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." 
-Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails