Sunday, November 20, 2011

T'is the Season for the Handmade Market

One of the best things about living in Raleigh is the Handmade Market.  It only happens twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, and it gives me a chance to be exposed to local, handmade artisans and their crafts.

I haven't been to the Handmade Market in a while (with having a baby and all), so, when my mom agreed to go with me this year and the hubby agreed to keep the baby for the afternoon, I was totally stoked!  When I arrived at the market's new location at Cobblestone Hall, I was amazed by how much the event had progressed since the last time I went -- so many talented vendors, so many delicious treats, and a great location to boot!

Mom at the Handmade Market

My adorable mommy

My favorite find of the day were the beautiful pottery pieces by Dawn Tagawa Morgan of Tagawa Collection.  Not only were her pieces gorgeous, they were affordable!  I even got myself a little something and stocked up on Christmas goodies, too.

Me at the Handmade Market

Showing off my new Tagawa Collection necklace.  Love it!

Even my friend, Alf, found something at the Handmade Market!

Alf at the Handmade Market

He loves him some t-shirts, I tell ya!

Afterward, me, my mom, my friends Alf and Beth, and Alf's mom, Nancy, went to lunch at Sitti.  (I recently saw them covered in NC Weekend.)  Honestly, they had some of the best Lebanese food I've ever eaten.  Everything was so delicious and fresh!

Lunch at Sitti

Yummy in our tummies!

I always love the holiday season in the Triangle because the handmade market scene is always so exciting.  I get to speak with artists perfecting their crafts and usually go home owning something truly unique and special.  The next Handmade Market event is in May.  Hope to see you there!

The Handmade Market

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home." - Twyla Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails